- This article was first published in the FOS Daily Newsletter. Subscribe here.
- The NHL has revealed its plans for return, including 24 teams in two hub cities.
The NHL will return this season by jumping right into the playoffs with the top-12 teams in each conference heading to two hub cities for round-robin play before beginning a playoff tournament. Each team will be allowed 50 personnel in the hub cities and will enact a comprehensive COVID-19 testing protocol. Formal training camps will begin no earlier than July 1.
Potential Hub Cities:
- Columbus, Ohio
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul
In Other Leagues:
- Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said the NFL season “definitely” will happen and the league plans to have fans in the stands.
- Charles Barkley is 100% sure the NBA season will resume.
- MLB owners sent players a revised plan to start the season, this time without the controversial 50-50 revenue split.
- Foreign athletes will be allowed into the U.S. as leagues start back up.