- This article was first published in the FOS Daily Newsletter. Subscribe here.
- Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning won while the event raised $20 million.
Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning took home bragging rights from Sunday’s “The Match: Champions for Charity” against Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady, but the foursome delivered a hole in one for tournament organizers and Turner.
With 5.8 million average viewers across TNT, TBS, truTV and HLN, the program became the most-watched golf event ever on cable TV.
Other Notable Numbers:
- 38 Million video views on Bleacher Report digital and social platforms
- 5 million social engagements and 172 million impressions for content leading up to and during the event
- No. 1 trending topic on Twitter
- More than $20 million raised for charity